BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 16, 2009

In the darkness!

The shutters come down and the lights go out

The darkness surrounds me like a mother’s hug
The uncanny silence tangos with the stillness
A tiny croak stings like eyes introduced to the sun

People grope around and then present themselves
They startle me or leave a smile on my face
Visions or prophecies form into kaleidoscopic forms
Secrets and hopes grow in gigantic proportions

Sleep departs and my eyes open to light
The visions end and the nightmares vanish
Sounds intrude and the stillness is broken
The darkness awaits patiently for its reign again.

5 comments:

Vidya said...

Pretty deep stuff Donkey. I like it. Your comparisons are super!! :) :)

Mariya said...

Ah finally the muse decided the show up eh.. Nice :)

Hema said...

Here comes our Ilaya Thalaivi & Kaviarasi Ranjani. Nice one da :)

Sindhu. Nayar said...

Not me again!! *Beats chest*

sel said...

Pure Poetry...